Ranting and raving and carrying on

Just a few random thoughts about random stuff. Warning - may contain profanity

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto-ish, Ontario, Canada

Just a guy... Bit of a geek, but who isn't these days?

Monday, January 30, 2006

Still here...

Still in Singapore, too. Found out my flight out of here, coupled with my flight to Argentina, gives me about 3 hours in Toronto total. Given that it takes half an hour to reach my house from the airport (assuming no traffic), and that I need to be in the airport a couple of hours before departure, I won't be getting home between these two audits, which sucks.

On the other hand, I'm going to Argentina, and I've just had 4 weeks in Singapore (well, 3 in Singapore, 1 in Hong Kong), so maybe I should just shut up about how much my life stinks, eh?

Anyway, Singapore is pretty cool - if you like shopping, it's basically heaven. I picked up a pair of black Converse hi-top sneakers here for $50 Singapore, or about $35 CDN (compare with about $85 CDN back home). And yes, I'm sure they're really Converse - I bought them at the Converse store where I was all but ignored by staff wearing Converse shirts. There's other deals to be had here - if you can afford the airfare and the hotel. Of course, you could probably save a lot more by not paying the airfare or hotel and just shopping at home, but what fun would that be?