Ranting and raving and carrying on

Just a few random thoughts about random stuff. Warning - may contain profanity

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto-ish, Ontario, Canada

Just a guy... Bit of a geek, but who isn't these days?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Where have I been? (Part Deux)

So, it's been 3 months (or a bit more) since my last post. I'm still busy as anything with the job, nothing new there.

Back in December I said there was some pretty major familial medical crud I didn't want to talk about. It turns out there's nothing to talk about. Basically, my dad was diagnosed with a fairly rare form of blood cancer, but it turns out the doc screwed up the diagnosis. Of course, it took a month of worrying and tests to figure this out. You'd figure that if a person had a quarter-million dollar education they might be able to figure that sort of thing out, but I guess not. Oh, well - we all make mistakes. Mind you, my mistakes don't result in death, generally. At worst, people get fired. Meh. Of course, if one of my mistakes does result in death, it will likely be my own. My last words might well be "Hey, watch this!"

I'm in England now. This society seems to have an almost Soviet mentality when it comes to building things. Their cars are huge metal monstrosities (the Mini Cooper excepted), their plumbing and electrical fixtures look like something out of a cold war nuclear bunker, and even their food is somewhat "robust". Heck, their pigeons could probably take on Toronto pigeons outnumbered two-to-one and win - they are HUGE birds.

Anyway, this isn't much of a rant today - I don't have time to rant right now. Maybe I'll try to get good and riled up about something later. In the meantime, I'm back - but for how long?