Ranting and raving and carrying on

Just a few random thoughts about random stuff. Warning - may contain profanity

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto-ish, Ontario, Canada

Just a guy... Bit of a geek, but who isn't these days?

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Winners, losers, whiners, posers

Something that probably isn't clear from my previous posts - I actually didn't want Bush to win. The guy is a walking brick, brain-wise, and his thoughts on religion, abortion, and gay marriage make me shudder. On the other hand, I am also an avowed capitalist and a "gun-nut", not to mention a believer in military spending (to an extent - I also prefer lower taxes), so Kerry didn't really do it for me either.

Frankly, I'm glad I didn't have to vote down in the US - I'd probably have refused my ballot, if that can be done there. For those who've never heard of it, refusing a ballot is a pretty distinct political statement. Basically it says "I believe in democracy enough to come out and vote, but I don't think any of the current candidates are worthy." In theory, if enough votes were refused, an election result could probably be voided. You can refuse your ballot at the provincial level in Ontario, but apparently you can't refuse your ballot (yet) in federal elections in Canada. This may soon change, however. More news about that here.

Or you could just eat your ballot.